THE FIREWORK CODE
THE FIREWORK CODE
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE FIREWORK CODE
* Do not buy fireworks from UNLICENCED retailers.
These fireworks may be unsafe and illegal.
* Only buy fireworks that comply with current safety standards. *
* Always keep fireworks in a closed box.
Take them out one at a time and close the box.
* Never put fireworks in your pocket.
* Be considerate. Let your neighbours know you will be having a display, especially if they are elderly or they have pets or children.
* Avoid setting fireworks off late at night, particularly if it is a school-night.
* Ensure your pets are safe.
* Carefully follow the instructions on EACH firework.
* Never go back to a lit firework unless the instructions advise otherwise.
* Never throw fireworks; it is dangerous.
* Light fireworks one at a time, at the end of the fuse, and at arm’s length.
* Light sparklers one at a time and wear suitable gloves, even when lighting them.
* Never give sparklers to a child under the age of 5.
* Never throw spent fireworks on a bonfire.
STAY SAFE, BE CONSIDERATE, AND DON’T BECOME A NUISANCE.
MISUSE OF FIREWORKS, YOU COULD BE FINED AND PROSECUTED
What is firework misuse?
* Possessing CAT F1 fireworks whilst aged 15 or under
* Possessing CAT F2 or CAT F3 fireworks whilst aged 17 or under
* Letting off fireworks between 11pm and 7am (midnight on Bonfire Night and 1am on New Years Eve)
* Throwing or setting off fireworks in a public place
WE WILL ONLY SELL TO UK CUSTOMERS OVER THE AGE OF 18 - ID MAY BE REQUESTED FOR AGE VERIFICATION.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO SELL CATEGORY F2 FIREWORKS OR CATEGORY F3 FIREWORKS TO ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18.
IT IS ILLEGAL FOR ANYONE UNDER THE AGE OF 18 TO POSSESS CATEGORY F2 OR F3 FIREWORKS IN A PUBLIC PLACE.